Easy Steps to Membership ...
You can join the Texas Society of Professional Surveyors by signing up online with our easy-to-navigate online registration form. Just go to:
Join TSPS Online
Renew Your TSPS Membership
Register via Mail
You can also download and print a Membership Application Form from the TSPS website. Fax your completed form to 512-327-7872, or mail the form with payment to:
2525 Wallingwood Drive Ste 300
Austin, TX 78746
It's that easy!
Dues and Assessments
The annual dues of members of the Society, which shall be paid to the Secretary-Treasurer by all classes of membership except honorary and life members, shall be determined annually by the Board of Directors; and such determination shall be submitted to the membership at the Annual Meeting for approval or substitution of another amount for annual dues. If no action is taken at the Annual meeting, the annual dues for the preceding year shall be continued and paid.
Annual Dues shall be payable prior to January 1st of each year. The Secretary-Treasurer shall mail a bill to each member before that date, stating the amount payable. Members failing to pay dues by April 1 shall cease to receive any Society publications other than dues notice and any Annual Meeting Registration form. Members failing to pay dues ten days prior to the Annual Meeting shall have their votes disqualified. Members in arrears one year shall lose all privileges of membership until such arrears are met, and members more than two years in arrears shall be automatically dropped from the Society.
(Dues are not deductible as charitable contributions, however, they may be deducted as a trade or business expense. 9% of your dues are to be used for lobbying activities and therefore are not deductible. Consult your tax advisor.)
What to Expect ...
A "New-Member Packet" will be mailed to you soon after registering. All new members will receive:
- Member ID card
- Official TSPS Membership Certificate
- Information for Both Health and Business/Liability Insurance for Land Surveyors
- Education Event Literature (Upcoming Seminars, Convention, etc.) When Available
- Subscription to award-winning bi-monthly The Texas Surveyor magazine
- Subsciption to electronic bi-monthly Metes and Bounds newsletter
- Access to secure, "Members Only" web pages and sections on the TSPS website
New RPLS and SIT/Associate members will also receive:
- TSPS Membership Directory (while supplies last)
- Manual of Practice for Land Surveying in the State of Texas (11th Edition)
New Student & Affiliate members will receive:
- Information on the Certified Survey Technician program